The Foundation was created in 1990 by Nan-B and Philippe II de Gaspé Beaubien to give generously of their time and resources to the community.
Our approach, known as “entrepreneurial philanthropy,” aims to support individuals, families in business, and organizations in becoming responsible agents of positive and sustainable change within their communities.
The Foundation designs and creates its own projects, then seeks the best experts and partners available. Our action is not limited to financial support; we work with our partners to help optimize their systems in order to promote project development and implementation.
This entrepreneurial approach follows two crucial steps to ensure sustainable results: listen to and understand the needs of the community, and mobilize champions to support solutions and become agents of change.
Our values are the driving force behind our every action. It is through them that we define ourselves and through them that we act.
- Planning: Time is the best ally for change. We plan our projects to be carried out over a minimum of five years to ensure they produce lasting change.
- Innovation: To stand at the forefront of innovation and ensure highly efficient internal processes, we prioritize the use of new technologies in our projects.
- Passion and personal commitment: Money alone cannot effect change, and passion is essential to success. We only undertake projects we are excited about, and we seek out sponsors who are equally passionate about the causes they support. Foundation members are committed to our partnerships, making it possible to achieve the loftiest goals.
- Family: Irrespective of their models, family groups are the source of society’s strongest and most important bonds. We value families in our projects, and we want them to attain their full potential.
- Community: Before generating large-scale effects, we believe it is necessary to become involved in the immediate community. That is what we know best and where we have the greatest ability to act.